House of Guns


January 9, 2021

"House of Guns" was part of an exhibit four years ago entitled "Threads of Resistance." It was displayed at the Pacific International Quilt Festival in Santa Clara, CA. At the time, it was inspired by the fact that gun sense legislation was not presented on the floor of Congress. Sadly, beyond belief, this piece has now taken on a new meaning, a meaning that I could never have imagined, due to the assault on the Capitol on January 6, 2021. This piece may be the high point of my career as an artist. Not only am I proud that it was accepted into the aforementioned show, but today, a female clergyperson, asked if she could use the image in a book she is writing. The book is entitled: "Art as Witness: A Practical Theology of Arts-Based Research"(Lexington Books, forthcoming 2021) The author is Rev. Dr. Helen Boursier, Ph.D. I have never felt more proud to be an artist. I have never felt more emboldened, more determined and resolute in my beliefs in democracy, and more.

Comments

  1. To one of the the most Self Trusting Individuals I Know...BRAVO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! A powerful message!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This design is so effective. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment